Education Program Manager
5+ Years Experience
1817 M.J. Cuenco Ave., Mabolo, Cebu City, Cebu
EDUCATION PROGRAM MANAGER
Summary: Paglaum Training International (PTI) is a non-profit development agency with a vision of helping under-resourced individuals experience economic empowerment so they may achieve financial security and live safe, free, hopeful lives. PTI offers career counseling, soft skills training, scholarship opportunities, work immersion opportunities, and job referral assistance. Through PTI’s Education Program, we provide education scholarships and tutoring support to help clients in their educational goals.
The Education Program Manager will focus on strategic management of the Education Program ensuring that the value of client autonomy and self-determination are integrated throughout all educational services and policies, and on external partnership, development pertaining to education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ALIVE Scholarship Program
- Find alternatives to PTI’s current delivery of ALS, and assess the viability of PTI as ALS provider.
- Prepare cost projections for ALIVE scholars and monitoring ALIVE expense to ensure spending is within the allotted budget.
- Screen client applications for ALIVE scholarships based on criteria adherent to fostering client dignity and empowerment.
- Following a standard on client dignity and empowerment, develop a system to effectively assess clients’ qualification for educational scholarship. After approval, implement the system and continuously monitor and evaluate the structure and process.
- Prepare recommendations on which clients qualify formal and non-formal education.
Tutoring and Technical Skill Development
- Review and assess the current system in the provision of Tutoring Services via the hiring of a part-time ALS Tutor/Tutoring Consultant. Propose improvements to its process and implementation.
- Develop a system to effectively deliver tutoring services to ALIVE scholars who expressed a need for assistance to pass and succeed in their academic endeavors. After approval, implement the system and continuously monitor and evaluate the structure and process.
- Strengthen provision of support services/sessions through developing Bridge Programs such as Digital Literacy Training, Language Training, and similar activities aimed to support clients’ skill development.
- Develop partnerships with experts, civil society and schools in the provision of ALS or its alternative to clients pursuing education.
- Develop functional relationships with experts, entities, and companies who can support delivery of PTI’s tutoring services, academic support sessions, and client skill development through CSR or similar programs.
- Manage relationships with consultants, and external entities that provide ALS, tutoring service, and skill development sessions.
- Assess the level of assistance and requirements needed for clients who have problems in their birth registration.
- Facilitate the process of securing birth certificates of clients who sought assistance in securing their birth certificates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Development Communication, Psychology, Social Work or other related courses, and preferably with a Master’s Degree in related field.
- Five (5) years of prior experience in project management, project coordination, and/or school administration.
- Two (2) years of prior experience working with marginalized persons.
- Knowledge in trauma-informed care and empowerment-based approaches in working with marginalized persons.
- Strong client engagement skills with exceptional listening skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and able to mobilize resource and build partnerships
- Adaptive qualities and stable emotional energy to handle a vast array of challenges and difficulties
- Exceptionally competent in written and verbal communication in English and Cebuano
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Perks and Benefits of working for our organization:
- Yearly performance appraisal
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Individual Development Program
- Staff-care and well-being program
- Flex-time and flex-place
- Monday-Friday schedule
- Statutory benefits
- Office perks