1 Year or less Experience
Dedon IslandWith business certificates | 51-200 employees
5th Floor Hyundai/ETO Building, Banilad, Mandaue City, Cebu
We’d never put our shoes on again if we didn’t have to. Maybe that’s why we created DEDON Island, an intimate boutique resort located on a pristine tropical island in the Philippines.
On DEDON Island, you can indulge in the ultimate luxury: spending time outdoors with friends and family. We’ll help you create a perfect getaway, tailored to your every need, from cocktails to bespoke menus, surfing lessons to spa therapies. Everything is covered by the all-inclusive fee.
DEDON Island is a truly sustainable paradise – a place to retreat and rejuvenate, so you can return to the world in a barefoot state of mind.
Is currently looking for:
Scope and General Purpose:
- To assist the Executive chef in the day to day Kitchen operation.
- Executive Chef
- All team members of kitchen area
- Food and Beverage
- Purchasing department
Hours of Work:
- Flexible, generally evening shift
- A passionate Chef with previous experience in a similar roll and environment
- Understanding of a wide range of cuisine, including Filipino and International
- Produce high quality & tasty dishes, with good eye for presentation
- Ability to integrate and create an awesome working environment
- Must be willing to be assigned in Siargao
- To deputize in the Head Chef's absence.
- To ensure that all chefs are familiar with the day's requirements.
- In charge of controlling, weighing and selecting the orders that arrive at the Resort.
- Research and development together with the chef, new products and different ways of cooking them. Creating and preparing the menu for the night.
- To ensure that the necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity.
- In charge, together with the chef, of all daily purchase orders made in Siargao and forecast with one week ahead, purchase orders to be done in Cebu
- Supervise together with the Chef, breakfast service (alternating one week each other)
- Supervise lunch preparation by the morning team
- To ensure that fair discipline is maintained.
- To ensure that all team members are treated fairly and with commonly accepted courtesy.
- To ensure that timetables, leave rosters and attendance registers are up-to-date.
- To ensure that all maintenance problems are timeously reported and followed up.
- To ensure that all communications between restaurant and kitchen run smoothly.
- To ensure that each team member receives the correct orders for the appropriate tables.
- To ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- To ensure that the dining room/ restaurant personnel are "standing by" when delicate dishes are served.
- To ensure that regular on-the-job training is carried out so that team members perform their duties correctly.
- To further your own knowledge of management methods and principles to ensure future advancement and further upgrading in management standards to enhance guest experience.
- Discipline the kitchen staff to improve their performance.
- Carry out the kitchen inventory every month. (Every 31)
- To ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered to.
- Maintain and improve the sanitary hygienic measures required by the chef.
- Save all products made in plastics with the date of preparation and the name of what is inside.
- Cleaning and disinfection of the refrigerators and chillers every week.
- Maintain an order in the refrigerators in terms of product. Separating in each of them in the space that can. Lactic / Meats / Fish / Processed products / Vegetables
- Maintain a logical order of product storage in the cold storage and dry storage. All labeling, which can be differentiated at a glance.
- Clean once a month with the team, the whole kitchen. Including the extractors, stoves, oven, and shelves.
- Give to taste and share with the Chef .all the elaborations made throughout the day.
- Constant communication with the chef, The Sous Chef together with the Chef are responsible and in charge of the operation of the Kitchen. A high level of communication is very important to make sure everything runs perfectly. Implication in this aspect will be a must.
For more information about the company, visit our website: