Quantity Surveyor / Estimator (up to PHP 45k)
1 Year or less Experience PHP 37,000 - 45,000 per month
8th Floor Gagfa Tower, F. Cabahug Road, Mabolo, Cebu City, Cebu
QUANTITY SURVEYOR / ESTIMATOR (up to PHP 45k)
*1-4 Years Experienced Applicant
Day shift, above-industry rates, HMO + 1 dependent from start date, 15 days leave, Monthly Celebration Dinner & Monthly CEO Lunch
Who is GO-VA?
We provide clients based in Australia, NZ, Singapore and the US with offshore employees. We are a managed operations company, not a BPO. You will work in the Go-Va office in Cebu and have direct daily contact with your Australian company who will train you in their policies and procedures. Best of all, you will enjoy a friendly professional team environment with lots of great benefits. We are known for our kind and caring culture.
About Your Client
Your client is proudly an Australian privately owned company, established in 1977, that has a proven track record for the supply and installation of furniture, fixtures and equipment to new and refurbished hospitals, nursing homes, schools, colleges, apartments, residential and motel/hotel projects. The firm is considered one of the leaders in the Eastern Seaboard from Queensland through to Victoria and all of NSW.
The client has an immediate need for a diligent and competent Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for projects in the following sectors:
- Aged Care
- Hospitals / Health
- Multi-Unit Residential
The Quantity Surveyor/Estimator will do this by gathering information and analysing important cost attributes, cost parameters and metrics.
The Quantity Surveyor/Estimator will provide knowledge of costs and benefits of the Client’s products services across the range of items they manufacture, install and supply that supports profitable business decisions. The goal is to provide detailed estimates and cost plan reports for issue to commercial clients so that the Client can make informed decisions that will enhance its profitability and growth.
What You Will Be Doing:
The purpose of the role:
- To produce estimates in a timely manner in line with the Client’s policies, procedures and goals, and in line with specialized projects and client requirements that come forward.
- To identify and manage risks and opportunities in new projects through the application of the estimating process. A confident informed professional that can also consult with clients and key stakeholders for the ability to bring forward an accurate cost plan for the Client’s goods and services.
- The ideal candidate will possess relevant industry-recognized qualification, be able to show past employment, and has experience managing key elements such as stakeholder relationships, risk and opportunity, initial review, budget estimates, quality and programming skills and attributes.
- The person selected for this role will need to demonstrate their collaborative teamwork skills and communication competencies.
Estimator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding the project/program and its requirements and scope
- Determining key variables for cost and other estimates.
- Gathering first-hand information from source documents and cost data from the Client’s information and base data systems including standard manufacture and installation policies and procedures.
- Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, production times.
- Use software (such as Excel/Smartsheet) for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Obtain and review offers and quotes from suppliers subcontractors or vendors
- Perform risk analysis for budget, time quality and markets
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project managers, clients, tender and formal proposal)
- Build relationships with key clients via the Sales Manager with Principal Designers, Contractors, Construction Managers, Developers as well as vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers)
- Proven experience as Quantity Surveyor/Estimator or similar role and position.
- Familiarity with financial and project management principles.
- In-depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation techniques and formulas.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. You must also be able to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and personnel of the business to ensure efficient and effective processes are maintained for the benefit of the organisation.
- Proficient in relevant software (MS Office/Excel/Access databases or ProEst/Buildlogic cost management tools or similar)
- Outstanding communication skills in project management and collaboration abilities
- Thoroughness and reliability.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Has a degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture. Experience in Quantity Surveying is a definite advantage.
Benefits You Will Enjoy:
- Up to PHP 45k salary
- Private medical insurance + 1 dependent free from start date
- Free lunch with Lunch Buddy on your first day
- Welcome gift on your first day
- 10 days annual leave + 5 days sick leave
- Fixed day shift
- Monthly dinner celebrations
- Monthly Lunch with CEO (including awards & prizes)
- Welcome Afternoon Tea with CEO
- Christmas and New Year break
- We even have clients that send their team members to Australia with training
- 2019 Quarterly Free ticket to Vertical - Building a High Performance Life
- Chance to win a 20K Island Holiday
- 5K Referral Bonus
- Free Coffee