Accounting and Finance Officer
5+ Years Experience PHP 20,000 - 25,000 per month
Drop In Center - Barangay Ermita, Cebu City, Cebu
Organization: Enfants d' Asie- Children of Asia, NGO
Position: Accounting and Finance Officer
Status: Regular full-time employee with trial period of 6 months
Working days and hours: From Tuesdays to Saturdays, from 9 am to 6 pm
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Target date of the contract: March 2019
Conditions: PHP 20,000 – 25,000 (commensurate with experience)
Children of Asia's Mission
Created in 1991, Enfantsd’Asie Association - Children of Asia (www.en.enfantsdasie.com) is a French non-governmental, non-denominational humanitarian association. Since 1998, Children of Asia in the Philippines has been working with at-risk children and teenagers on the island of Cebu. Our team is composed of 12 staff members: 2 French volunteers and 10 Filipinos. Children of Asia works with communities living in the slums and marginalized rural areas in Cebu, supporting and caring for underprivileged children throughout their schooling, from their early years until they obtain skills, qualifications and employment. Our organization supports more than 500 beneficiaries, from Elementary to College, most of whom are community-based children.
Children of Asia is currently looking for an Accounting and Finance Officer, who can be responsible for the daily financial management of all Children of Asia programs and activities.
The Accounting and Finance Officer will take charge of the daily financial management of the programs of Children of Asia, as well as in improving the accounting system and policies of the organization.
Tasks and responsibilities:
This position will work under the supervision of the Local Program Director and coordinate with social workers, the Training Center and the administrative staff.
1. Financial management: Responsible for the daily financial management of the programs and maintenance of accurate financial records.
- a. Releasing/disbursement of money for the operation of the organization
- i. Prepare the monthly vouchers and reconcile them in cooperation with partner’s stores
- ii. Disburse cash money requests to the children and/or parents, verifying their balance and receipts
- iii. Manage the cash money in hand and replenish it when necessary
- iv. Manage the reception of receipts from the sponsored children in cooperation with the social workers
- b. Timely payment of bills and salaries
- i. Prepare checks and online payments for bills and salaries of the team
- ii. Disburse allowance for around 30 contractors
- c. Follow-up and checking of liquidation reports from funded agency/partners
- d. Ensuring proper implementation of financial procedures of the organization
2. Financial reports: Provide all requisite information, updates and accounting report on time such as the monthly cash flow, monthly vouchers for mutualized programs, updated balances and budgets for educational programs, reconciliation of bank statements, updating of individual folders for financial monitoring, and preparation of financial reports for partners as needed.
- a. Daily book keeping and cash flow + bank reconciliation
- i. Manage book of accounts and bank state of accounts
- ii. Update cash flow for every disbursement operation
- iii. Send the cash flow and bank statements every month to the Paris Headquarters
- b. Financial follow-up
- i. Update the individual balance of the sponsored children (cash gifts, students’ scholarships, etc.)
- ii. Update the individual financial ledgers of the sponsored children
- iii. Prepare financial reports in cooperation with the assistant of the program director
3. Financial management with partners: Supervises and coordinates the financial management of all programs for which CoA is a funding or receiving partner.
- a. Check the financial reports of all the funded partners and make request on any complimentary information that is needed
- b. Give recommendations on how to improve the financial management and the financial reports submitted by the partners
- c. Conduct all necessary program inspections (for monitoring and evaluation) and financial audits with CoA's partners
4. Administration compliance: In coordination with the Admin Officer, ensures all the financial reporting and audits required by the local and national authorities and make sure that CoA complies with all financial and admin requirements on time.
- a. Update the annual permits; Business Permit, BIR and SEC
- b. Prepare year –end report for BIR
- c. Monthly remittances/payment for BIR, SSS, PHIC & HDMF
- d. Study, develop and standardize procedures and policies to improve efficiency and ensure sound financial practices in collaboration with the Local Program Director
5. Participation to CoA activities: The Accounting and Finance Officer also participates to the staff meetings and the events organized for all CoA’s beneficiaries (Christmas Party, summer activities, summer camps, etc...).
We are looking for someone with the following profile: Language: Excellent knowledge of English (verbal and written), Visaya
Experience: At least 5 years’ experience in accounting position
- Graduate of Accounting
- Knowledge of administration requirements (SEC, BIR, etc..) and online payments systems
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work autonomously
- Trustworthy and sensitive to others
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Willing to travel to other areas of Cebu province where we have our programs
- Willing to take up challenges
- Experience in working with disadvantaged children and families and/or in a NGO is a plus
Some extra activities might require availability on week-ends and evenings.