Managerial / Supervisory
Unit 3A 3rd Floor, Sapphire Square Bldg. A.S Fortuna St., Banilad, Cebu City, Cebu
Ocean Transport Group of Companies, Inc. (OTGCI) was conceptualized as an alternative shipping service provider for the domestic cargo forwarding and sea freight industry; serving the needs companies and entities initially in the Province of Cebu and the Greater Manila Area. OTGCI has lived up to its name as “Your alternative shipping . . .” with the commitment to help the Philippine economy by giving affordable and reasonably priced freight service.
In 1999, OTGCI introduced the idea of containerized cargo operation to Atlas Fertilizer and Chemicals, Inc. for the movement of its product from Toledo City, Cebu to various destinations nationwide.
To date, OTGCI provides domestic containerized shipping services to major ports in the Visayas and Mindanao such as Manila, Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, Bacolod, Iloilo and Tacloban. Cargo services include pick-up and delivery from customer’s facility to its final destination.
With renewed commitment, OTGCI is pursuing a strategic direction of strengthening its core competencies by deploying company owned Landing Craft Transports and Freighters, continuously hiring competent and well experienced shipping professionals in order to provide its customers with personalized shipping services through operational excellence.
Why join us?
We are the preferred partner for Domestic Container Shipping Services.
We lead the market by developing and increasing the level of services based on customer needs.
We are composed of competent, inspired, passionate, self-driven and fulfilled people with a shared passion for excellence.
Our corporate spirit is rooted in a sense of commitment to our stakeholders and good corporate governance.
We are the leading domestic container shipping lines operating a fleet Landing Craft Transports
We provide safe, customized and cost-effective services that will lead to customer satisfaction and loyalty through successful relationships with customers and suppliers and a commitment to continuous process and systems improvement,
We value our employees and enable them to develop and utilize their full potential, aligned with the organization’s objectives and values. We commit equitable return to our shareholders. We pledge to be good corporate citizens and respect the environment.
We are in urgent need of:
- Responsible for managing the execution, direction and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization
- Manages budget, organizes schedules and routes and ensures that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements
- Plans and supervises the shipments from the container yard to the end-user
- Schedules daily and weekly routes
- Monitors and reports on transportation costs
- Ensures trucking documents are properly filed
- Reports maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Research and suggest cost-effective trucking methods
- Conducts regular safety audits on equipment
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and trucking legislation
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations
- Performs other related tasks that may be required by the Management from time to time
- Candidate must have a Baccalaureate Degree of any Four-Year Courses from a reputable universities and colleges
- Experience in a shipping industry is an advantage
- Proven work experience as a Trucking manager or similar role
- Knowledgeable on safety risk assessment
- Knowledgeable on preparing and tracking orders
- A mature and responsible individual with excellent oral and written communication skills, able to accept increasing levels of responsibility
- With strong personality, smart and with “can do attitude” and willing to work long hours, if needed
- Possess good leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- Adept in computer software office applications in Windows environment
Why join us:
- A very Competitive Salary Package awaits qualified applicants