1 Year or less Experience
3rd Avenue 5th Street MEZ 1, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu
Enrich your Career with a Global Leader in the Fashion Industry!
Yuenthai is one of the world’s premier apparel and supply chain services providers with production facilities in China and Cambodia aside from the Philippines. We are a recognized multi-product expert who brings the best sports apparel to millions of people around the world. On the local front, Yuenthai has 2 manufacturing facilities in MEPZ, Lapu Lapu City, Cebu, which are reputable partners of international brands such as adidas and Reebok among others.
Yuenthai is now becoming the next big thing in the Luenthai Group of Companies with the multi-million peso investment in the Factory of the Future. This new factory will help us to reduce waste and increase efficiency while at the same time allowing us to automate complex production methods to improve speed and quality.
Yuenthai is a green factory. We recycle treated water, practice digital to reduce paper consumption and thus save more trees. Our Factory of the Future is designed to have even more environmentally friendly.
We are looking for talents wanting to jumpstart their careers while transcending global boundaries to fill-in a position in our HR Department.
We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines, provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations and also be on a constant lookout for standards violations.
The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Proven experience as Safety Officer with at least 1-2 years in a manufacturing setting.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- An Electrical Engineering Graduate and preferably a licensed Registered Electrical Engineer/ Registered Master Electrician
- Preferably with certificate in occupational health and safety and BOSCH Training.
Successful applicant will receive a compensation package commensurate to his or her experience and qualification