Managerial / Supervisory
CIA Building A.S Fortuna St., Barangay Bakilid, Cebu City, Cebu
CEBU INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY is a duly registered and legitimate corporation existing by virtue of the laws of the Republic of the Philippines. Its principal office is located at A.S. Fortuna St., Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines 6014. The Academy has a license to operate by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as an English Language Institution on July 29, 2003. Its Private Company Registered to operate is CS200315763.
The Academy is manned by competent, experienced and dedicated professionals who have been in the academy industry for years. The academy has eight administrative heads that run and oversee the operations of the institution. In addition there are 50 administrative personnel who carry the orders of the administrative heads and assist the academic side on its needs. On the academic side, there are 7 education heads and 130 teachers that carry out the main responsibility of providing educational service to its clients.
CIA plan to expand their school to cater more students from different country to learn English language in the Philippines. CIA bought a lot located in Dap-dap Road, Brgy. Mactan Lapu-Lapu City with a total lot area of 8,146.00 Sq.M.
At this lot, CIA 2nd Campus Project will soon to rise, it consist of three (3) buildings namely:
- 2-storey IDP Building,
- 3-storey Admin Building with basement
- 4-storey Dormitory Building with Basement
Currently the company is looking for a Construction Manager to help our team in managing and implementing our Second Campus Project.
The Construction Managers oversee specialized contractors and other personnel. He/ She schedule and coordinate all construction processes so that projects meet design specifications. He/ She ensure that projects complies with all building codes and any other legal or regulatory requirements and are completed on time and within budget. He/ She will work closely with other building specialists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Project Schedule in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine contractors labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations from contractors.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to contractors, administrative staff representing the owner.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Help to obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports to Project manager.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Submit weekly and monthly progress report to Project Manager.
- Perform additional duties per the Project Manager Direction, and or the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Good communication skills
- Has a good problem solving skills
- Has a knowledge and or commercial awareness
- Has the ability to motivate others
- Good team working skills
- Has a good knowledge of building methods and regulations
- Candidate must possess Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree, with a Professional License (Passed Board/ Professional License Exam).
- At least with minimum of 7-years Work Experience as Construction Manager or Project In-charge in Mid-Rise Building Construction.
- Willing to work under pressure and long hours.